I dropped my dose of the miracle nightmare inhibitor a bit and, though it took a week or so, the nightmares started returning. Once again, every night was filled with dreams of my parents' old house, of rot and decay, and nothing overtly meaning what it was, but my mind knowing what it represented. Imagine my surprise when I had a dream of my brother and I getting along - before I remembered it all. All-the-while there was something telling me there was more, but I didn't know what. All-the while he made hints that I didn't understand, but I do now in hindsight. We got along. And this morning I'm left facing that end of his betrayal.
When I was 16, he sat me down and apologized for what he'd done to me - knowing I only remembered one incident. He said he'd never have done it if he knew I would have grown up to be so cool. (As if there's any time it's okay.) He said he did it to get back at my mother for having me. ...and she didn't care. We were together against her.
Et tu, Brute? |
I feel ill.
~DC
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.